It’s been a minute haha. I hope you are doing well. July simply flew by, as if it didn’t exist. I really have been living through my words and living in the moment. I’ve been trying to do more reading and just use my time efficiently. Other than that, all I do is work.
However, when I am not working I am eating… literally tacos. Breakfast tacos, lunch & dinner tacos. #tacosforever? This week, I had a little extra time on my hands and I was trying to decide what to cook for lunch/dinner I kept going back to Tinga. If you aren’t familiar with Tinga, it’s an authentic Mexican dish made out of tomato and Chipotle sauce and usually always mixed with shredded chicken. You can put the Tinga on some corn tortillas for tacos, burritos, tostadas, or even pair it with eggs for breakfast if you want to go that way.
I simply made tacos added some queso fresco, cilantro, and a dab of sour cream for color and pizzazz lol. Anyway, I’ll keep it simple for you and share the recipe I used.
Tacos De Tinga
A delicious authentic Mexican dish that will have you asking for seconds.
– 1 pound whole boneless chicken breast
– 4 tomatoes
– 1 large sweet onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 2 tsp chicken bouillon
– 1 can of Chipotle in adobo sauce
– 2 tbsp Oregano
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– 1 cup of chicken broth
– Salt to taste
– 4 tbsp of Cooking oil
1. In a large pot place the chicken breast and drown them with water. Add 2 garlic cloves, 2 tsp of chicken bouillon and bring to a boil.
2. Once chicken is cooked, reserve 1 cup of the broth. I like to reserve a little extra just in case I need more. Place the breasts to cool off aside. Thinly slice the sweet onion and set aside.
3. Gut the inside of the tomatoes and chop it into about an inch big. Place the tomatoes into a blender then add the oregano, canned chipotle sauce, black pepper, dash of salt, & chicken broth. Blend. At this time, shred the chicken and set aside.
4. In the empty large pot, add the oil and onion. Cook until the onion is a bit translucent then add garlic clove. Saute then add the sauce. Finally, add the shredded chicken and bring to a simmer.
At this time you can now put your Tinga on some soft corn tortillas, tostada, or burrito! Add some queso fresco, crema, and cilantro. Dinner is served!